Just caught a monster bristle worm!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!
That's one of the biggest I have ever seen!

How big is your tank? If you have corals you should be very happy you caught that. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's 4ft 400litres. Yes I have corals ......the disappearing fish was the concern.....have to admit I let out a scream when it was pulled out and dangling above the tank. Biggest I have seen too!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What do bristle worms have to do with corals? To me it says op is way over feeding

Depends on the worm. There are many varieties and somewhat hard to tell some of them apart. There are a very few types that are predatory on coral, but never saw a worm that could capture and kill a healthy fish. I hate them and remove the monster ones, but the rest I leave alone unless I find it near a coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Rick I beg to differ ....we have seen one wrapped around my live scooter blenny like a snake.

Greg my scooter blenny is fit as a fiddle and is still fleeting all over the place. He was saved by a pair of tongs. I have seen them try to latch on to sleeping fish until they woke up. I have had heaps of new fish disappear overnight after showing no signs of illness. Admittedly I have had a recent problem in my tank but the fish have picked up....it's a waiting game for them but I will be setting traps for the other large bristleworms.

Back
Top Bottom