just curious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triggers

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is easier to keep?

Octopus or Sting Ray.

I have heard people have success with both but I have also heard that they are really hard. Any imput?

I've never dealt with octopi but i had a spotted blue stingray many years ago and it was pretty easy keep. just make sure there is sand and alot, and i mean alot of room for it. they like to move around alot when not buried in the sand. and last thing, do not have any triggers with it of any kind or they will start to peck at the stingray's eyes when it tries to bury itself in the sand. that is my experience, hope it helps.

octopus from the documentaires I have watched are excape artists like eels execpt they have arms to work with and have been known to lift off heavy tops covering an aquarium. IMO they are not good for an aquarium because they will spend 90% of their time hidden away in some crevice within the live rock only to come out at night to feed or to try to excape their enviorment.

As Phamboo mentioned sting rays need a sandy substrate of good depth because they will bury themselves in the sand. They will also need alot of clear sand area to move around. I dont think they would do very well in small tanks or even medium to medium large tanks. Ideally they should be kept in tanks with several square feet of sandy substrate free of live rocks and other obstructions.

Back
Top Bottom