just curious...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfoofoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gal. I was wondering, if I were to move, what is the best way to transport the tank. Is is doable? expensive? Gimme the dirt!

THANKS!

The safest way to transport the tank would be to siphon at least 50% of the water (save this) from the water column, then take out rocks and either wrap with wet newspaper or submerge in water in a container (heavier option), bag fish/corals, and transport. The other option, which I have done many times successfully for small distances, is to drain at least 50% of water (save this), structure rocks securely on aquarium substrate so none can fall over, situate any corals securely, and transport. Other options include bucketing fish/corals and providing air through a battery powered air pump.

IME removing all rock will keep from scratching the aquarium. Removing most of the water makes it lighter and easy to carry. If you have sand leave about two inches of water more if you leave any corals or fish. Ice chests and five gallon buckets for fish and rock. Unused plastic garbage cans or drums work well.

Back
Top Bottom