Just curious how do amphipods just end up in my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have a few amphipods in my aquarium and I was wondering where they came from?

Thanks

I have had some comein from live rock and then they just spread like wildfire in my tanks. ithink it only takes one to start, kinda like roaches. You see one and then theres 100's lol

If you saw 20 then theres probably 20x times that in there. LOL sometimes I have a pod explosion and there are literally thousands on my glass. It dies down after a few days though, the pod population pretty much balances itself out.

Yep they will. the pods will balance your ecosystem. Everything is food for something else...lol

Hmm I;mnot sure what fish exactly eat them, I would think all fish do. It's part of their nature to eat live food. Theres no flake or frozewn in the ocean. LOL :)

When I am using my mag float near the sand substrate, my sailfin tang and my blue jaw trigger follow me around. They know that my mag float will kick up some amphipods from the sand that they then eat. Pretty funny to watch them.

Back
Top Bottom