Just did a water chage, now corals are mad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsigler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Gang,

I have a 28g reef tank with a frogspawn, hammer coral, sun coral, and a xenia frag.

Last night I made a bucked of salt walter, and let it sit overnight with a powerhead and heater.

This morning I did my weekly partial water change, and now my frogspawn and xenia are closed up (during the day).

Are they mad? Is something wrong?

I tested the water several hours after the change, and everything was normal.

SG 1.023
PH 8.2
Nitrates, Nitrates, Ammonia were 0
The dKH was 12

Any ideas? I'm nervous....

Rob

rsigler said:
Hey Gang,

I have a 28g reef tank with a frogspawn, hammer coral, sun coral, and a xenia frag.

Last night I made a bucked of salt walter, and let it sit overnight with a powerhead and heater.

This morning I did my weekly partial water change, and now my frogspawn and xenia are closed up (during the day).

Are they mad? Is something wrong?

I tested the water several hours after the change, and everything was normal.

SG 1.023
PH 8.2
Nitrates, Nitrates, Ammonia were 0
The dKH was 12

Any ideas? I'm nervous....

Rob

Hey Rob, dont be nervous. This happened during my first water change, and the frog was really unhappy. It came around shortly though:)

Both xenia and frogspawn are hardy corals, so even if the salinity was off in your pwc water, they will be fine!:)

Good luck!

I think your salinity is a bit low. I try and shoot for .025 and my corals seem quite happy.

+1. Whenever I get new corals they close up on their first PWC. They adjust to it. The best thing you can do is lessen the stress on them by doing water changes from a sump or ato rather than the dt. Works really well for me.

Back
Top Bottom