Just got a pair of Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bj5z25

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well yesterday i bought 2 percula clownfish. Unlike my damsels i bought 3 weeks ago these guys are doing great, they even ate last night when i introduced them to my tank. I bought some frozen brine shrimp for them to eat, and they look like they are on vacation in my 75 gal tank. They are extremely active and spunky. My tank has just gone through it's cycle completely, what types of anemones are the easiest to care for and also inexpensive? Or am i not ready for an anemone just yet?

Might be to soon for an anemone just yet. Most suggest you wait 9mo to a year for the tank to mature before adding one. Bubble tip anemones are pretty easy to care for, most anemones are but some choices will depend on your tanks lighting. What types of light do you have? Also, as a side note, just because you add a beautiful anemone to your tank, doesn't guarantee your clowns will find it appealing and accept that anemone as a host. They will accept corals and some will even accept pieces of tank equipment or areas of live rock.

When your tank is ready, I would suggest either a bubble tip anemone (green or rose) or maybe a long tentical anemone. Both are pretty hardy and should do ok under that light. There are probably others so maybe someone else will give you other suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom