just need a little reassurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
iv been running my 55 gal reef tank for just a little over a year now.. only had a few fish die (due to a tube anemone i got last month,but am bringing back to the lfs) but overall i think im doing good. i have 3 shrimp in the tank and they are doing very well, with that said.... shrimp are the most delicate rite???? so if they are growing,multing,and looking good, then i must be doing a good job right????? thank you for your time.

Haha ya im sure your doing a great job either way! But IMO, shrimp are quite hardy! Especially cleaner and peppermint shrimp. What fish died?

yup i have a cleaner and 2 camel shrimp.. the fish that were murdered are... 1 clownfish 1 Spotted Bristletooth and a sweet lips clown somthing...

i also have 4 nems in the tank 2 gbt=was one that split in two..a carpet nem and the soon to go back tube nem. arent anemones very delicate?

Very delicate! Also they will sting and kill other fish/corals as you have already found out. Only a very established tank of about 7 months should hold a nem and when they die they release toxins and can kill everything if it isnt removed soon enough...

Back
Top Bottom