Just received my order from liverocks.com!! Pics inside!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itzafugasi

Aquarium Advice Regular
The rock looks great! very colorful and I found lots of life on there...Zack, thanks a lot!!
found three stars, all alive (can anyone identify it?)
some crabs, a brown one and a cool looking white one...it was hard to take a good pic, but maybe someone knows what kind it is?
a spiney oyster or clam, 1 snail (maybe there's more), a bunch of feather dusters that came out once i put the rock in the water, and i found this green little plant like looking thing...can anyone identify it?
as you probably can tell, this is my first sw tank, and i dont know what many of the life on the rock is...but thanks to everyone on this forum, i made it this far!!!

heres the green thing i was talking about...any ideas?
i will post pics of my aquascape once the water clears up its a little cloudy

yes everything went well Zack, thanks again, and nice rock choices!!
RocketSeason: i thought it was some kind of algae, thanks for the link. what about this little red hairy looking thing? i tried touching it and it went right back into the rock. there are a few coming out now.

That rock does look great. Your already on your way to a great looking tank with that rock order. Good deal.

the red thing looks like a type of tube worm that looks a lot like little feather duster. I have a number of them in my tank.

Congrats on the Rock. Looks great.
I have 80Lbs of it with a ton of life on it.

heres an update of 2 pics of my tank... this is my first attempt at saltwater, so any comments and/or suggestions is appreciated.

Looks great! The only possible thing I can think of is perhaps not packing the rock together so tightly... but it may just appear that way in the pic.

Back
Top Bottom