Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just received my order from liverocks.com!! Pics inside!

The rock looks great! very colorful and I found lots of life on there...Zack, thanks a lot!!
found three stars, all alive (can anyone identify it?)
some crabs, a brown one and a cool looking white one...it was hard to take a good pic, but maybe someone knows what kind it is?
a spiney oyster or clam, 1 snail (maybe there's more), a bunch of feather dusters that came out once i put the rock in the water, and i found this green little plant like looking thing...can anyone identify it?
as you probably can tell, this is my first sw tank, and i dont know what many of the life on the rock is...but thanks to everyone on this forum, i made it this far!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 03:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

heres the green thing i was talking about...any ideas?
i will post pics of my aquascape once the water clears up its a little cloudy

Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
great looking rock! I didn't find any starfish on mine...that green thing is a form of algea I belive. Halimeda or Udotea

here is a link: http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/mai.../faq_algae.htm
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

That starfish sure likes like a serpent.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
Hey
Rock is looking good! Looks like the shipment went very well!!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

yes everything went well Zack, thanks again, and nice rock choices!!
RocketSeason: i thought it was some kind of algae, thanks for the link. what about this little red hairy looking thing? i tried touching it and it went right back into the rock. there are a few coming out now.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Is it red? If it is, I have one too. I have no Idea what it is though.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

The green thing looks like Halimeda.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
That rock does look great. Your already on your way to a great looking tank with that rock order. Good deal.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

the red thing looks like a type of tube worm that looks a lot like little feather duster. I have a number of them in my tank.

Tags
live, pics, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com