Just Traded my Koran Angel for a Mandarin, pointers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just went to the LFS and traded my juvenille Koran Anglen for a mandarin. I hated to see him go but he was terrorizing my coarls to death. Anyway, I know that mandarins are difficult to feed and require a lot of lr to eat, but are there any more pointers for this fish? I have about 40-45 pounds of lr in a 29 gallon, should this be enough to produce pods or should I buy some to maybe repopulate the tank if there is no enough lr? TIA.......

I would be ordering a bunch of pods to get your tank well seeded with pods. You may have to do this every so often.

I would go with the copepods that are smaller if your fish is small. The tiggerpods seem to be pretty large. Maybe give the folks a call and talk to them on recommendations. I like the ones I listed below for the propagation factor.

Mixed Males / Females
~250-500 microns in size
A small/medium copepod that will propagate nicely in an aquarium or refugium

That same place had an article on the left side on feeding mandarins.

Does it matter if they are alive or not? And do any of you guys have a site that you use to order th pods? TIA..........

yes, they need to be alive...dead ones don't propagate very well. That site you were at was a good one.

I just ordered the 2,000 Misc Harpacticoids. If I were to culture them what size tank do you think would be appropriate and what would I need? I plan on doing a refuge but im probably gonna wait a lit bit to start it. TIA...........

Back
Top Bottom