Just tranformed my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thartsockpg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I got a long tentacle anemone from my LFS, it's got a great pattern on it. It looks healthy and is open in the tank but not attached to the sand yet. I have had to move him once so he wouldn't get caught in my filter pump. All my parameters are good nitrates <5, nitrites 0, ammonia 0, ph 8.1, sg 1.023. I'm really happy with him and have done my research and will continue to research. I'll post pics later today. Any advice on getting him to settle down or should I wait it out.

Wait, He will settle in a couple days, just keep an eye on where hes moving to, intervene if you have to though to protect him, like you said from a filter or powerhead intake or other critters who can get away. My condy took about 3 days to pic his spot and has been chilling there every since. They seem to like a spot with medium flow, medium to high light and where their foot is protected.

But what do I cover it with. I've read that from several sites but I still don't know what to cover it with

Thartsockpg said:
But what do I cover it with. I've read that from several sites but I still don't know what to cover it with

Panty hose is probably the cheapest and easiest method.

It's probably searching for something solid to grab ahold of. Just a guess, though.

My long tentacle keeps his foot buried in the sand at the base of a rock. Even so, he's pulled up twice. Once I thought he was going to flat out disintegrate he looked so bad, and then last time he just seemed to want to pull up stakes and float around a while. He did get caught in the intake of my HOB protein skimmer, but I was able to unplug it and then pull out the strainer until he let go. Every time he's ended up prety close to the same spot. I've had some success with taking bits of live rock to make a coral around the foot. It seemto offer some protection from the current, but it's no guarantee.

Here's mine:
41906-albums1989-picture17924.jpg

41906-albums1989-picture20229.jpg

. . .and right after he got caught in the protein skimmer intake:
41906-albums1989-picture37848.jpg

Hey I picked moved him again. But this time I kinda put his foot right near a crack in some live rock I hope he moves in. Also his mouth is open, but I've heard this is normal for a day 3 nem

Back
Top Bottom