kalk question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I mixed up some kalk mix last night. Let it sit overnight, I went to look at it this morning, and it's a nice milky white. I thought the white was supposed to settle onto the bottom of the container. Am I supposed to drip it like this, is this what it looks like? I thought all the solid particles precipitated to the bottom leaving a nice clear uber-basic liquid. Clearly, this is my first time using kalk, and I don't want to kill anything or botch my water. I added 1 tsp. per gallon of RO/DI in the bucket. Thanks!

kalkwasser
German word, and from what I understand, it's German for Calcium Hydroxide.
Whether it's German for it or not, that's what it is.

I haven't mixed any up lately but if I remember, it does stay a slight chalk color. But there should be a precipitate on the bottom.

At 1tsp per gallon is should be relatively clear. What brand are you using? Is it a new container?

Kalkwasser is German for Limewater.

Anyone have a good article about kalk dripping? Something to help better understand what is actually taking place aside from replinishing kalk? I drip it, but I can't say I am all that educated about it myself.

Mrs. Wage's lime.
Yes, it is a new container.
Still a bit cloudy, but it's been dripping since last night, and all tests are fine.

Back
Top Bottom