kalk question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
first thanks to rr for for getting me started on kalk. my tank has never looked better and is more stable. after you siphone the clear water from your bucket and the remnets remain, can you add more water and use it again? and can you use it after it sits 24hrs? it says 8hrs on container. walt

I have read in a lot of studies, that Kalk solution lasts no more than 4 days before it is rendered less effective... I don't know about usable... I did exactly what you are asking about last night... I had the left overs from 2 batches. Added 1 gallon of water and shook it up profusely, and used the water out of it and trashed the leftovers. I did not see a difference.. So,,with all that said,,, someone please answer the above question for both of us... :D

I simply add water and more dry kalk to the undissolved kalk. I mix enough for two days, and once per week I dump the unmixed and start fresh. I've never experienced any problems.

excellent article steve. thanks tim and kevin. that is what makes this site #1 walt :) 8) kudos for you.

Back
Top Bottom