Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Kalk Reactor

So I've been looking into a kalk reactor to try to sustain a better more constant ph. I just set my tank on a new stand installed my reef keeper lite and a new sump and man if I only new how my ph was swinging lol. So I have seen these kalk reactors and was thinking about biting the bullet but can't quite grasp the concept of plumbing it into my system? From researching I've seen that people plumb them into there ato my thought was to add a secondary pump to my ato that connect it to my reef keeper and set it to turn on when my ph swings below a determined perameter? My problem is that I've never done this so I'm not sure how much kalk it would dose I guess it depends on the concentration of the kalk in the reactor? My worry would be that I would end up fluctuating my salinity level. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was also thinking about going the rout of a dose my lfs is having a sale on sea side aqueducts dosers that's hard to pass up. Let's just say I can get the kalk reactor for about the same price. What's your opinions? Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

gleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
Please! Look at The Fish Tank Doc on youtube good info. Save $$$$$$$!!!!!!!
bond300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com