kalk / zapping aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the kalk can hurt another coral if the kalk powder/mixture lands directly onto another coral, if u are worried about this shut off the pumps so that no extra kalk is sprayed around the tank. Otherwise the little amount used in a syrnge isn't enough to drastically effect water qualty, no more than 1/2 ml just enough to inject the aptasia lightly no more.

that is what i figured. i got a small drip or two on my toadstool. it seems okay other than the small marks. i blew it off right away. it sure did roast the aptasia though!

thanks for the info
steve r

I used to attempt aiptasia erradication with kalk paste. You will never get all of them. Even a small piece will grow back into a full blown infestation. If you do not have large predators, consider several peppermint shrimp. After the aiptasia are gone they make excellent scavangers. Best of all they are cheap. I got my last bunch at $6 each.

i have two. i have only seen them twice and i noticed none of the small aptasias are gone. maybe my peps died, but i didnt have an ammonia spike and i have not seen any remains

steve r

Back
Top Bottom