Kalkwasser Drip question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was thinking about building a 2.5 - 5 gallon drip but was planning on doing it in my second bathroom which is where I do all my aquarium stuff and also doubles as my dark room for photography basically an all around utility room. So my idea was this build the drip holder out of 4" pvc pipe in the bathroom so its outa the way and run a line to the tank which would be about 14 feet away. Is that distance to far? does it even matter? wouldnt gravity and the pressure of the lime water make it drip even over that distance? I could pressurize it and force it to drip if gravity didnt work. What you guys think?

I would say the biggest concern would be lime deposits over time on that long of hose.

I was going to try to make a drip system out of a 2 liter bottle. Why not just put a tube through the cap, make sure it sticks up high enough in the bottle to be above the sediment, and tie a knot in the other end. Kinda like you would do when you acclimate a fish.

I want somthing bigger that I wont have to deal with every day, thats why i was thinking of going with a 2.5 - 5 gallon unit

Back
Top Bottom