Kalkwasser or Turbo Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a FOWLR tank and I have been toping up my calcium with Kent's Turbo Calcium. But from the forum I have read most people are topping off with Kalkwasser. Should I change to Kalkwasser or stay with Turbo Calcium? And can anyone give me the pros and cons of either method?

Many Thanks!

first of all you shouldn't be using that much calcium with only LR. Do you test for your calcium? If the kent stuff is keeping it up then i would stick with that.

Mine is a 45g tank with 40lb LR. Recently the coralline algae is taking over the LR and the calcium would drop from about 400 to 360 every week. I top it up with Turbo Calcium once a week. Everything else seems to be fine; alk at 10kH, mag at 1100, NO2 at 0, N03 at 0 and PO4 almost 0 as well. So I don't understand why I am using so much calcium.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I personally like balanced additive and having turbo ca and buffer on hand to nudge it when it get's out of balance, but if it's working for you...continue and monitor.

Back
Top Bottom