kalkwasser outflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I have read all I can on this board and some others that were referred from here. I have my container built, with a dial controllable outflow of the solution, with a way to remove it from the 1/4" hose. The only real place I can put this container is on top of the tank in the hood. My question is where is the best place to put the solution outflow? Can I put it in the tank itself on top directly over all the life below or into the overflow?
Again thanks.

Ideally have it someplace with decent flow thru it. Either infront or beside a PH or the overflow would be ok.

So if I place a small powerhead (ie a maxi-jet 400)at just below water line and have the kalk outflow right above it, that would be okay? No harm to the corals right below. Maybe I am just over thinking things.

Thanks for the responses, I will put it into the tank above a PH.
The only problem with the overflow is that I have is that I have the Duso setup and the drain for it is on the top of the overflow and I'm afraid the kalk water might settle down before hitting the Durso and onto the sump. Am I wrong?

I don't think it would settle, simply mix with the water in the overflow. Putting it above a poer head will work and will put your mid at ease about it settling so that is probably the way to go ;)

Back
Top Bottom