kanya tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just got a mushroom rock that had what appears to be a kenya tree coral on it too. It's not too big, but it looks like one of the pics in Aquarium Corals. Can anyone give me some info on the care of this coral?

There is another thing on there that looks like some sort of leather yet but as of yet I can't tell

I think Capnella is one of those that doesn't like too much light and needs feeding.. I can't find my book right now to confirm so hopefully someone else will chime in.

I have mine under 2-65 watt PC'S and it is thriving. I do not feed anything. Not sure what the books say.

When I first got mine, I read that they don't feed off of light and need feedings. I target fed at first but I don't any more. It is doing great. Does not like a lot of flow either.

well mine are under 4 x 96 PC's that i got from darin that I still love...

Do you think i should move the rock all the way towards the bottom of the tank? It's low right now but could go lower. The LFS had less light in there tank then I do, but they also had it up higher.

How do i know if there is too much flow?

I have a forest of Kenya Trees.....Started with 1 now I have at least 60.... They like Med flow and I feed my tank phytoplankton and they do real well. I have 4x160 VHO but I have given 1 to almost every member of my reef club and the kenya is doing well under all types of lighting. MH, VHO, PC. I would keep it Med to low under high PC and MH. No direct feeding is needed. Easy coral to keep. I would not put it in a high flow area so its begin blown over....
I am selling them to the LFS for store credit now :D

Back
Top Bottom