Keep the SQWD wavemaker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
I want to increase the water movement in my tank and by removing the Sqwd, This will increase the flow from the mag 1200 because the sqwd cuts flow almost in half and I would aim the outlets to the middle of the tank to create turbulence or a second option is keep the SQWD and make a second closed loop ( with a mag 950 I have laying around ) with constant flow bouncing the flow off the glass to create more turbulence. I also want to remove one of the Emperor 400's because after a filter change I dont see a need for two filters.After reading about flow in a home aquarium around the net, it seems a turbulent flow is more important than a wave motion. What does everyone think. I think this would also help with the dead spots in my tank...

I like my SQWD just for that fact that it mixes the flow. Yeah without it i could get better flow but there wouldnt be the random flow that the sqwd makes. I added another PH to achieve better flow and kept the sqwd on.

$.02

a second option is keep the SQWD and make a second closed loop ( with a mag 950 I have laying around ) with constant flow bouncing the flow off the glass to create more turbulence.
That is what I would do. I really like the results I've had using a SCWD, the coral growth patterns and visual aesthetics, and would not get rid of it. JMO

Back
Top Bottom