keeping it clean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flowerhorn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my sand always has a lot of brown algae growth on it. its so ugly. i want to know how to keep your sand pearly white. is it possible? if so then how?

Welcome to the forum :wink:

Firstly, the question everyone will ask you here is if you're using tap water or RO/DI water? If you are using tap water then you will struggle to keep the algae at bay since the nutrients present in it will constantly feed them. If RO isn't an option then you can try running a phosphate remover.

Also if you're using bottled water then this too may contain high levels of nutrients which it may or may not say on the label.

Welcome to AA! You found the best spot on the web for sould aquatic advice, as a bonus, it also happens to be the friendliest. I agree with Atari, using RO/DI water will help. Also, what is your lighting schedule? What type of lighting do you have? Try cutting back on it for a few hours every day. Do you have any light dependant corals? Good luck! Lando

Back
Top Bottom