Keeping tangs together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Who has successfully kept tangs together. I am keeping a yellow and a regal together now. I put the regal in second and it was smaller. I am thinking of putting in a powder blue. Just wanted to hear any success or horror stories. My tank is a 150 gallon. ( keep in mind, I love to bend the so call "rules" of fish keeping!)

I used to have a powder blue, powder brown and a yellow tang together. Now I have a sailfin, yellow and a brown scopas never had problems with any living together they always were/are whithin inches of one another.

I had a hippo, naso and sailfin together and they did great.

Tank 2 has a Naso Lopezi, Desjardini and Scopas and they do fine together.

I keep 3 yellows, and a palani in a 125. May add a kole tang as well.

I have a hippo and a yellow in a 180. They chase each other occasionally, but both have been in the tank and healthy for almost a year. I've never seen any real aggression. With most tangs, as long as you don't have two that are the same color and body shape, aggression won't be a problem. Two yellows, two purples, two hippos, ect... can be a problem. You can, with a bit of luck, keep them in threes if you have the room. It isn't recommended though.

I keep a Yellow eyed tang(kole Tang) and a yellow tang and they are buds

Mr. Marine

it is always a gamble. I have a purple tang and recently added a yellow. the pruple was the ruler of the tank, but now the smaller yellow runs the joint. Weird. I think they are like people, you just never know who is going to get along. Let us know how it goes...Lando

Back
Top Bottom