Keeping tds at 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello is it just me or is it hard to keep tds at 0. I started out with a very clean container filled it with ro/di and my tds were 0. the next day I tested them they were 0 again. So I got out a pump and a heater cleaned them with ro/di water put them in the container and the next day I tested my water and it's at 013ppm so I dumped it all and did the same thing all over again and still got 012ppm. Do things have to be spot less to not contaminate the water and will 012ppm be a problem

That depends on several things. The higher the tds of the water you are starting with can lead to the filters/resin depleting faster. Then it is also length of time they are being used as well. On mine, I could only run them for a month before I had to replace things...but I have awful well water.

Is your container covered? it could be dust throwing of the TDS

@ Sniperhank my water sux too (340TDS) i added a extra sediment filter to my intake and it helped to prolong the other filters just a thought

Back
Top Bottom