Keeping two tangs together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was thinking of getting a 400litre reef tank. I was looking at stock today because I got bored. I really like 4 different types of tangs.

I know that tangs are aggressive to there own kind, however I was wondering if they had a different colour formation and are from a different genus so they have a different body shape if two tangs could be kept in a 400 litre tank.

The four tangs I liked where:
Yellow tang ( Zebrasoma flavescens )
Purple tang ( Zebrasoma xanthurum )
Kole yellow eye tang ( Ctenochaetus strigosus )
Powder blue tang ( Acanthurus leucosternon )

With this information and knowing their colour formation is it possible to keep a purple tang and powder blue tang in the same tank or a yellow tang and a kole yellow eye tang in the same tank. Or are these fish just too aggressive to keep together?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really don't see any of the above combos being a good idea at all. The only one I would consider for that size tank would be the Kole Yellow Eye or maybe the Yellow. It's my opinion the other two would need more room as sole inhabitants let alone grouped together.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Thank you for all responses I will try and only choose one tang. As if I have two then I know it will severely limit the amount of smaller fish I could have. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom