Keeping yellowfin bream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackk-cavanagh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone has ever kept yellowfin bream, usually found in Australian estuaries and the coast line. If anyone could share details on how to care for them that would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The size of tank required for such a fish would be very large. That would be a start for reasons people don't keep them.

Not particularly, if you have a big enough tank to raise a small bream caught from a local water source then let it outgrow the tank, you'll be able to place it back in the same area where catching it. All you have to make sure of is matching water salinity.

All I want to know is if there is any particular methods of looking after this species.

Not particularly, if you have a big enough tank to raise a small bream caught from a local water source then let it outgrow the tank, you'll be able to place it back in the same area where catching it. All you have to make sure of is matching water salinity.

All I want to know is if there is any particular methods of looking after this species.

Without a permit it is both illegal and unethical to remove a fish from its environment. Likewise when going the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Completely unethical and illegal to take without proper permit.

But worse to release long term Captive to the Wild. Can introduce pathogens etc...
I run into this with reptile and amphibian owners that want to release pets. Even if it's native to the area you want to release it in, it's illegal and unethical.

Reactions: HN1
The exception is if you are a licensed Rehabber or if you have permission from your Fish and Game. Some critters you need Federal permits as well if you are crossing state lines.

Back
Top Bottom