Kent Poly Ox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive got an algae problem, so I've been using Kent Poly Ox to try and sort it out.

But, today is the last dose (after 10 days). What do I do if the algae is still a problem - do I carry on dosing or wait a bit and start again?

Poly ox is an oxidizer and will only have effect on certain types of algae. What else are you using in the tank (carbon, resins or the like) and what type of algae specifically?

Cheers
Steve

Its red and green slime algae mainly...I'm not running carbon, just my eheim filter!

MarkW19 said:
Its red and green slime algae mainly...
The Poly ox should have an affect on it then. The treatment is also only a one time dose (15ml/100 gal water volume) that can be repeated after 4 days of the first treatment if needed. What dosage have you been using and how many?

I'm not running carbon, just my eheim filter!
What's in the Eheim? Are you using a skimmer, UV or anything like that? Water changes?

Cheers
Steve

I've followed the instructions for the Poly Ox - 2 doses daily at the relevant dose for my tank size for 10 days.

Just the standard bio balls in the Eheim, no skimmer or UV, water changes are 15-20% every 2 weeks.

Its called the same thing but the label is different (and it's for "marine" rather than pond...).

Directions on mine are:-

Add 1.25ml per 40litres on a twice daily basis for up to 10 days.

LOL... the saltwater info was in the "European" listings and French to boot.

I think your problem might be the lack of a skimmer. I think once the organics have been reduced by the Poly ox, they remain in the system and continue to feed the cyano. Not too sure but that's what makes the most sense to me.

Have you tried e-mailing them? They are usually very helpful.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom