kenya tree coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
i got a kenya tree coral and i was woundering how long it takes for them to start opening up it only does it at night under my moon lighting and do thay need alot of light my lfs told me moderat flow with moderat light but it has been in my tank for a month and it dont open hardly at all:confused::confused::confused:

got the same problem.... mine is under 150W MH and never really open more than 3 days in a row. I moved it to a more shaded area.... the light may be an issue or the water too clean :)

sounds like lighting if its opening at night under the lower lights, it might be too bright for it open up all the way with the day lights on, my finger leather did that untill I place it under an overhang in my tank...super clean water too, more softies like dirtier water than sps's..like the gonipora, most die within a year but they come from lagoon type areas so the water is dirtieror higher in nutrients then open ocean reefs

i moved it to a shaded area and it is starting to open more but not all the way i have t5 lighting nova extreme and now i have noticed that my powder blue is starting to pick at it but only when it is all closed up any ideas

this coral is under the easy column for me.. it requires almost no lighting at all.. more shaded area you can put it under the better... mine blooms like crazy in the lighting i use =D

Back
Top Bottom