Kenya tree in higher light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swicicki

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got an awesome rock that is covered in zoas Xenia huge green (6") mushrooms and Kenya

It's 18" long and I don't have a good place for it except high up.

It's about 7" inches under my cf and 4 tubes of t5

Think it's ok there?

Wow! That's huge! I have a very small one that I keep in check by fragging it, as these things grow extremely quickly. In fact, many people try to keep it out of their tanks in the first place, but I really like them as long as they don't spread like crazy, which can be ensured by fragging and placing it in low flow. I'd recommend keeping it in lower flow for that matter, as they spread faster if placed in high flow - they reproduce by growing new branches and letting them go.

Sorry to get off the subject of lighting. I would guess they do best in lower lighting, and I'm honestly not sure if the high lighting will hurt it (I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about this will chime in.)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401585874.106734.jpg

The rock is about 18 inches not the Kenya :)

The Kenya is about 8 inches

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401586051.030895.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401586072.074180.jpg

The photos are not great but you can see the Kenya in the back

Haha, that's still a very good sized colony, nice find btw on that rock, sounds like you got some cool coral :)

Placement looks good to me!

I was psyched.

The mushrooms drew it me to it originally. bright fluorescent green and a bunch of them about 4" across. Two types of zoas one of them growing in what looks like a sponge. Xenia in 3 places and the Kenya

$45

kenya Tree is quite resilient and can be acclimated to just about any lighting conditions. A nuisance IME, like having aptasia or majano anemones. I mean, the reason we don't like aptasia and majano anemones are because they are ugly and reproduce quickly. If they looked like rose bubble tips, we would probably view them differently. The same with the kenya tree IMO. You are better off looking for green sinularia or something that has some color to it and doesn't spread like KT.

Back
Top Bottom