Kenya Tree Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoC16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a large piece of kenya tree that is attached to a chunk of live rock in the middle of my tank. I was wondering how do I remove it and attach it elsewhere? Do I just rip it off the existing rock and place it on another rock or do I need some sort of puddy or glue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it matter where I cut it? Does it hurt the coral if I don't get all of the base?

super glue wont work with a kenya
I use a small rock and wrap it with thread than place it where you like it

With soft corals like this, I like to firmly wedge it between rocks without crushing it. That's easiest for me. However, it will depend on your desired placement.

the best way I've found is to use a sturdy pair of clippers and get some of the rock that it's attached to. That way you can glue it easily and not have to worry about attaching it.

The only problem is if there's any part of the base left there it will grow back if you don't like it there I would try to get some rock with it. If it's just to big I would just snip it and do what ever you want with the top half.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom