Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I went with 40 lbs of Keys, I hear that both are great in their own ways. unfortunatly I did not get any brittle stars on my rock, but the coraline growth was fantastic!!!

check out my gallery to see what it looks like.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I made up my mind, I ordered 30 pounds each of the Gulf, Keys and Coral for my 190 gallon, I will let you know how it went next week.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
great!!! but be prepared. 60 lbs is nothing in a 190 gallon tank. I have a 37 gallon tank and 60 lbs is just about the right amount of rock for a tank that size.
perhaps you may want to consider some dry base rock as well. In a few months, it too will become live.

-Matt
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the heads up, but I had already ordered base rock from hirocks.com. I have 180 pounds already and it barely makes a dent. The tank looks soooo empty. I have another 120 pounds coming from hirocks and then the 90 from liverocks.com. That will be almost 300 total. If that is not enough, my LFS has some verrrrry nice Tonga branch I was eyeing up (very pricey though).

Tags
rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com