Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

kid put a little milk in my reef tank

Hey my kid put like capfull or less of milk in my reef tank it has leathers zoas mushrooms clownfish 2 its a 29 gal tank there is no were local for me to buy reef salt i have to order online and have it shipped here some is supposed to arrive this week but i dont know when should i be worried right now i can not do a water change at all will my livestock be okay its regular milk like from a grocery store red top.... i mean its just vitamins and calcium...... see if he gets grill chease and milk for lunch again..... lol well let me know if i am doomed or ok.... thanks this is my first post here made the account to ask this

Old 10-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

just found out why he did it!!! he was there yesterday while i was checking my levels and i said calcium is low lol well if everything dies at least he knows milk has calcium lol oh god help me lol

Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

*lol* that is why some species eat their young ... sorry could not pass that up.

At least you kid has a brain in his/her head . Also, in a kid way, shows that s/he is taking at least a passing interest in the hobby .
Old 10-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That is too funny!! Sad if anything dies.....but still funny as to why he did it.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

well i can just hope i mean compared to water volume the amount he put should not hurt i hope....
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's awesome.. As a parent of 3 little kiddies (oldest is 4) I can understand where your coming from.

My son loves when the clownfish attacks me whenever I have my hands in the tank. The other day , he made a nice little ladder and was trying to get the clown to attack him.

I also love all the little handprints on the glass. Of course when you ask them if they were touching the glass you get a sincere "NO!"

I'm sure your tank will be fine.. I'm sure your LPS will enjoy the "added" calcium for their stalks.

WELCOME TO AA!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i sure hope your right goisles the leather has looked a little down for a while before this maybe it will bring him back to his formal self lol if it does the kid gets a hug instead of being grounded lol
Old 10-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I dont think it will damage the tank but some PWC`s would not hurt.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ran into one of the engineers at work who used to have a huge salt water set up before his kids came along. The amount shouldn't be a problem with water changes, hopefully. He got a chuckle out of the story too.

Tags
reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com