Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Morning do u have big als in your area i got the led for my small fuge there....and if your talking about the gfo ive seen at the store they are really fine so u need reactor for that and rowaphos that i have they have a nice bag that comes with it and im pretty sure u can put rowaphos in a sump ... Didnt say anything about not for sump just canister? Do u have a pic of the gfo your gonna use ....lol Driving would be fun .... never been to toronto before but just for cheato lol i can just send it lol

Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I think I'll just purchase the reactor but here in my area is around $60-75 bucks for a phosban 150. Gotta check my lfs and see if they have the reactor.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash187 View Post
Morning do u have big als in your area i got the led for my small fuge there....and if your talking about the gfo ive seen at the store they are really fine so u need reactor for that and rowaphos that i have they have a nice bag that comes with it and im pretty sure u can put rowaphos in a sump ... Didnt say anything about not for sump just canister? Do u have a pic of the gfo your gonna use ....lol Driving would be fun .... never been to toronto before but just for cheato lol i can just send it lol
Yes there a big als 10 mins drive from my place. I'll check what lights they have either today or tomorrow and getting cheato for freeee yay!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daney90 View Post

Yes there a big als 10 mins drive from my place. I'll check what lights they have either today or tomorrow and getting cheato for freeee yay!
O nice but yeah if you really cant get cheato ill send some just say a lil xmas gift from santa ahaha
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

O yeah if your going to big als just wait for boxing day u get better deal
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah I think I'll just purchase the reactor but here in my area is around $60-75 bucks for a phosban 150. Gotta check my lfs and see if they have the reactor.
Bulkreefsupply.com <40$ for BRS reactor
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

BRS for a reactor, I run a Phosban reactor the GFO will work a lot better in a reactor. When you run it in a reactor the water is forced through it and is more effective. When the GFO is in a bag water will travel the path of least resistance and will around it rather than through it. I would aslo suggest there HC GFO. I had an issue with Cyano and started running some of the gfo changed it out every 2 weeks and each time i added a little more GFO till I was running twice the recommended amount once PO4 came down cyano was gone I started using less and less.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Make sure if using GFO in a reactor you start at the least amount and work your way up. When I first ran mine I used the amount recommended and had my pump running full force. It killed some of my SPS corals and all my cheoto. My LFS told me I went from high phosphates to 0 too quick and SPS corals are sensitive to sudden changes. Everything else in my tank was fine.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank for the info guys. I will let you know when I get my reactor because next week theres gonna be the holidays and that will delay the delivery.

As of now i just have my chaeto.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Thank for the info guys. I will let you know when I get my reactor because next week theres gonna be the holidays and that will delay the delivery.

As of now i just have my chaeto.
Oh it arrived already i didn't even deliver it yet lol. But good that you found one there

Tags
cyano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com