killer trochus snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proverbs

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have 2 bumblebee snails and just added 2 Banded Trochus Snails a few days ago. for some reason, one of the trochus snails attached itself onto the bumblebee snail, and i noticed that the second one did the same on my other bumblebee. now each bumblebee has a trochus snail on its back.

are the trochus snails attacking the bumblee snails? should i manually detach them? it seems that the bumblee snails can't move since the trochus is on its back.

The Banded Trochus Snail is strictly a Herbivore and is more likely just eating any algae that might be on the bumble bee’s shell.

You can move them if it bothers you but eventually it will resolve itself :lol:

i guess i will leave it for now. the trochus snail will not get off of it! they've been on them for the whole entire day. i will see what happens by tomorrow.

If anything the bumblebee (a predatory whelk species) would be the culprit, not the Trochus. Bumblebee's are not likely to attack snails as large as these though, I would think they are as tecwzrd suggested and just coincidence.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom