killer worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a hermit crab that was walking on my live rock. In one nook of the rock there is a strange worm living in it. Well, the hermit was walking by said nook when the worm touched it. The hermit fell off the rock and right out his shell. I'm hoping he gets back up, but he's been out for an hour now.

I've tried taking several pictures of it to no avail, so i'll describe it the best i can. The worm reminds of one of those toy balloons that are filled with water that fold into themselves. You know, the kind that are hard to hold onto without it sliding through your hands. Anyway, when the worm fully unfolds, the end of it reminds me of a small featherduster. But less feathery and more spikey. The worm is a light browinsh color with some almost whitish stripes. He looks kind of gross. I'd like to know what he is before he kills again.

Thanks in advance

Jim

I second the peanut worm ID... although I've never heard of one killing a crab. 8O

Back
Top Bottom