King and Queen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone has kept or still has either a king or queen angel? Im tossing up between the two as my showpiece fish for my new 100gal im setting up. Just a few general questions:

1. Which is hardier?
2. In your opinion which is easier to care for?
3. Which is more a "attractive fish" as juv and adult?
4. Any more info you might want to throw in.

I was recently leaning towards the king, as a juv i think they are alot better than the queen, but when i saw pics of the king as an adult they were very dull and the queen still keeps its beautiful colouration.. im now leaning 60/40 to the queen!!

They both get pretty big and go for quite a bit from where your from (So I've heard) I would have to say that I like the queen better as far as looks are concerned. The way their scales shimmer blue and yellow is unreal. The Kings are cool but all black with one bar. They both get huge. Eventually your going to need 180gal.

Thanks Salty.. Yeah the King goes for roughly $350 AUD which is about $420 in the states and the queen an additional 50-70 depending. The queen sounds like the way to go at the moment.. both beautiful juveniles but the queen seems to get over the line in adult stakes..! BTW i love your maculosus!! When it gets "too" big i'll sell to my local LFS make some money and start again! :)

I still can't get over that fact
Yeah the King goes for roughly $350 AUD which is about $420 in the states and the queen an additional 50-70

Here in Maryland, USA you could pick up a Queen for about $75 US $60 AUD. Guess you are going to buy a juvenile. They take quite a while to grow to adult size (3-5 years) so I'd guess you will get plenty of enjoyment in the 100 before setting up that 180gal :lol: I am already in the process of working on the "Big Tank" for the mac. He is really cool thanks.

Yeah i guess the area really does depend on the price of the fish.. most tangs and angels from the hawaii region which is really close to u guys.. and fish that are closer to us would be more expensive for u guys.. (i wish i lived near hawaii so i can save $$$) haha.. looks like im going with the queen...thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom