Klein's Butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

As you may know I have a 55g reef aquarium. I have a toadstool and a Devil's Hand. I also have SPS and LPS corals. Will my reef tank be safe if I add a a KB fish? I heard that they eat polyps off of the LPS and Softies.

Thanks in Advance

Kenn

They grow to 5.5 inches. It would survive in my 55g.

It isn't so much the size of the fish. They may need certain amount of room to swim, like tangs. I don't know much about butterfly's, but I do know that you shouldn't put fish in anything smaller then the tank they are supposed to be in. Surviving and thriving are two different words.

EDIT: I personally don't take chances on
anything I'm unsure of.

Thanks for the advice guys(y). I just picked up a six line wrasse this morning about 11am. I saw the KB and I fell in love with it. I cannot wait to get a larger build. I want Tangs and Butterflies so bad!!!:banghead:

Butterflies are gorgeous. Just so dang finicky! Good luck with the six line.

Thanks for the advice guys(y). I just picked up a six line wrasse this morning about 11am. I saw the KB and I fell in love with it. I cannot wait to get a larger build. I want Tangs and Butterflies so bad!!!:banghead:

I know the feeling! The stocking limits of my Nanos can be quite frustrating! Six lines are always cool.

Back
Top Bottom