kole tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
anyone have any experience with the kole or yellow eyed tang? i have a 75g with a clown, bi color angel and mandarin. and i am thinking of getting one.

steve r

Yes, Early on, but unfortumately it became infected with ich and did not make it. I think you would be ok with current tank mates. recommend long QT though.

They are a docile tang, relatively shy, they like to graze rocks and will eat most nuisance algaes. They do not get very large and would be a nice addition to what you have. Be sure to supply it with dried seaweed.

sounds good. i have a bunch of different nori ready for a grazer. i have been thinking about that tang because of the smaller size. i know many people keep tangs in a 75 and it seems to be okay, but when i look at our tank i just can imagine a big tang swimming around in there. i like the small fish in a big ocean look. lots of room to swim for them. like i said though, nothing wrong with a tang in a 75. i dont want to start any opinion wars

thanks for the info
steve r

I know it is not recomended, but I kept two tangs in a 75g for close to a year.

I have had mine for about 5 years. Very hardy fish and goes well with another different tang. I now have 3 tangs in my 125 and they get along fine. Kole tangs are a good addition

Kole Tangs are awesome....always picking at rocks and grazing around. Mine doesnt hide at all, always out roaming around

Back
Top Bottom