Kole Tang and Naso Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themangia1984

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if it would be ok to add a kole tang then a naso tang maybe a couple weeks apart from one another. Since they vary in color and body type should this be ok or should I do both at the same time?

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing to be safe but I wanted third party opinion. Unfortunately my LFS has a hard time getting in Hawaiin Naso's but have been getting some bad Naso's from Bali and their survival rate hasnt been so good. I will just have to wait till they get a healthy Naso in then. Thanks Zig!!!

I personally think they will do great together. I agree with Allen about adding together esp. in that size tank.

Hi
Here is my 2cents worth, if the fish are roughly the same size put them in together. In my experience the kole tang despite its reputation as one of the least aggressive tangs has a tendency to try to exert itself on its tank mates, unfortunately it lacks the equipment and the skills so it gets beat up.
I have a tank similar to yours with a resident 4" kole in december I added a 3" purple tang ,no problem with any other tangs in the tank(yellow,Atlantic blue,convict) yet the kole went after the purple with a vengence.Needless to say the purple had no problems, the kole was bringing a knife to a gun fight after 3 weeks finnaly the kole figured it out and there is peace.

Back
Top Bottom