Kole Tang Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to get a Kole tang for my 75g however im wondering if they will get along with a yellow tang. Im not putting a yellow tang in the tank but I will be upgrading at some point in the future and I like to keep fish for a long time and I know Ill want a yellow tang later. so i dont want them not to get along in the same tank.

Koles and yellows get along Ok, I have one of each. Normally Tangs with different body shapes can co-exist happily, it's when they too closely resemble each other, that territorial problems occur.
The yellow even on later introduction will be dominant, but Kole's really don't seem to care, mine just wants to swim and scrape everything in his path!

Well the color of the yellow is striking to see in the tank, briskly swimming through the current, but all the Kole does is rake at unseen algea. So if I had to chose I would pick the utilitarian as opposed to the poser! But I like having both, they are seen together naturally in Hawaii. I'm considering a Potters angel, but don't know if I want to risk some coral!

I have a 55g Fowlr tank. Is my tank big enough for a Kole Tang or a Yellow Tang? I've always wanted one but I have always heard that my tank is too small for them. My tank is almost 2 months old. If I can add them should i wait a year until my tank matures?

Thanks in advance

Still not big enough. You really NEED a 75 g footprint. The width and height matter too. A 55 is just too small.

Back
Top Bottom