Kole Tang not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shirtlessbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I recently replaced my Yellow Tang with a small Kole Tang (maybe 2 weeks ago) and I have yet to see him eat. I have tried multiple meaty meals in conjunction with "Julian Springs Sea Veggies" and some emerald entree veggie based foods. The fish is very skittish. It picks on my rocks all day and ignores the clip of Nori even though I don't have any visible hair algae for him to graze on. When I do add my meaty food for the rest of the tank he gets excited but won't actually eat any of it. I also don't want to over feed the tank.

My only worry is that as of today he is visibly skinnier than he was when I put him in. Parameters are stable Wondering if anyone has any other ideas.

Maybe garlic to encourage feeding. What stock do you have? May not be feeding as being harassed?

You can try rubberbanding the nori to a rock and see if he picks at it while he picks at the rocks.

Maybe garlic to encourage feeding. What stock do you have? May not be feeding as being harassed?

That's an idea. But if he is I haven't seen it. 75 gallon: mated pair of clowns, flame angel, 6 line wrasse and cleaner shrimp. This brand doesn't have garlic I'll go get some and try maybe some red nori as well?

You can try rubberbanding the nori to a rock and see if he picks at it while he picks at the rocks.
I tried that on an old snail shell that was in the tank. I'll try again too. Nothing can hurt at this point

Just wanted to say he's eating now. He seems to have a thing for algae wafers. Will try to ween him onto out her foods in a bit just so it'll have variety but for now I'm just happy it's feeding :)

Give it time. It will eventually eat nori sheets and other foods. Took my yellow several weeks before he would even nibble red gracilaria but now he attacks and devours even the tiniest piece.

Back
Top Bottom