Krazy Glue Advanced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhart608

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone used Krazy Glue Advanced Gel for gluing frags? I'm a bit nervous about it because the contents reads: cyanoacrylate glue, ethyl cyanoacetate.

Typically, the super glues I've used in the past only list cyanoacrylate.

nhart608 said:
Has anyone used Krazy Glue Advanced Gel for gluing frags? I'm a bit nervous about it because the contents reads: cyanoacrylate glue, ethyl cyanoacetate.

Typically, the super glues I've used in the past only list cyanoacrylate.

Iam a bit nervous bout the glue to would love some advice on how!

Sniperhank said:
Don't use it. Glues that aren't 100% cyanoacalyd will leech into your tank

Thats what I was thinking it can't be good

Anyone know what the second ingredient is/does? It seems it is related to cyanoacrylate.

Well, after some more research, it seems that ethyl cyanoacetate is a key ingredient in making cyanoacrylate. Just as a point of information (because the more info the better as far as I'm concerned) here is a quote from the article linked below.

"The chemicals necessary to form cyanoacrylate polymer include ethyl cyanoacetate, formaldehyde, nitrogen or some other nonreactive gas, free radical inhibitors, and base scavengers. Ethyl cyanoacetate comprises ethyl, a hydrocarbon radical (a radical is an atom or group of atoms that, because it contains an unpaired electron, is more likely to react with other atoms), cyanide, and acetate, an ester produced by mixing acetic acid with alcohol and removing the water.

How super glue is made - material, manufacture, used, parts, product, industry, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of super glue, Quality Control

I truly appreciate everyone's input and interest.

Back
Top Bottom