Kudos to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hagen and their Fluval canister 304 (and others I'm sure) filter.

I cleaned it for the first time this weekend. Pushed the quick disconnect lever and removed the hose assembly in about 3 seconds, cleaned out and reconnected the entire system in about 10 minutes. Compared to the absolute HORROR of dealing with a Magnum filter (and having water spray out onto electirical sockets or trying to figure out which unflexible hose needs to be attached where while spilling water all over the bathroom and bedroom floor), this well-designed piece of equipment was an absolute JOY to work with.

This besides the fact that the thing is dead silent, seems to do an excellent job of filtration, and is very versatile in it's filtration. I've only had it running for a few months but so far, I'll never consider another canister filter. I already have a 404 on the way...

QUESTION: I need to connect a 400 gph PH to an odd sized-inlet PS. The fluval outlet nozzle perfectly fits the inlet to the PS and seems to run it pretty well. Do you think this would put an undue amount of stress on the 404 (340 gph)?

Back
Top Bottom