L/R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Quick ?. I will be driving back from Philly next Friday. I plan on stopping by thatpetplace, in Lancaster, PA. It is about 2 hours from my house. How long can LR rock last w/out me having to recure it? If it is wrapped in wet paper and in a cooler, will 2 hours be too long?
Another ?. What kind of LR should I get:
Fiji Live Rock
Fiji Cultured Live Rock
Tonga Live Rock
Solomon Island Live Rock
Nano Rubble Live Rock

Thanks

AS long as you keep it at a reasonable 'room temperature' and keep it wet with saltwater (drenched papertowels/newspaper works) it'll keep for 2 hours...assuming its' fully cured in the first place.

as for what kind to get...that's all personal preference, as it really just determines rock shape, sometimes the color of the coraline, and some of the hitchhikers that might be inside.

none is really 'better' than another.
rubble rock, though, is for small tanks and/or fuges and sumps

This is what they say:
Our Fiji Live Rock is cleaned and partially cured in our holding tanks.

What is partially cured....?

**edit**
Nevermind, they have fully cured LR.
Partial means, "it's been in for a week or so and is still in the process"

All of those are really good LR. Rubble not needed except in certain situations. I`m partial to Fiji but as I said they are all good.

Just pick what you think looks the best. It is the same as decorating your house. Everyone likes something different. Best advice is to more porous the better.

I just bought LR from thatpetplace. When I bought it, it was in their tanks for two weeks already and the salesmen said it was fully cured. I didn't have any die-off when I put it into my new tank so I guess she was right.

I drove about 2 hours with it back to the Philly area and it stayed in good shape. You could ask them to add some extra water to the cooler if you'd like.

I bought some Fiji and Solomon. Now that it's in my tank, I think the Solomon is much nicer and has more color. It's more expensive but I'm told that it's less dense so the price shouldn't really matter.

Patrick.

Back
Top Bottom