Lamotte?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard good things about them but I still would stick to salifert. Did you have any issues using it is that why you are thinking of the change?

Yes. It constantly read low on calc & mag, even though I have no SPS's, just a leather, torch, and polyps. Cal=300? Using Tropic Marin (not pro). Afraid of dosing with those readings.

With the Lamotte calcium test kit I had a problem discerning the color shift from dark purple to dark blue at the end point.

Lamotte is a very good test kit, but it's pretty complicated to use and hard to read the result.
I used to use Lamotte back in the 90's when there wasn't many choices for accurate test kits.
ca_lamotte1_10-08.jpg

Pschmitt said:
Yes. It constantly read low on calc & mag, even though I have no SPS's, just a leather, torch, and polyps. Cal=300? Using Tropic Marin (not pro). Afraid of dosing with those readings.

Salifert are the best I've used. Never any problems. All my test kits read the same, just some of the api tests like nitrate and phosphate would end up showing colors not even close to anything on the chart. Then would test with tropic marin and salifert, and both would read zero.

Back
Top Bottom