Large Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im on the market for a large angel.. for my 100gal.. looking to get it fairly small (3 inches) and raise it and sell back to my LFS when it gets too big or upgrade my tank in 4-5 years time, when it will be too big for my 100gal..and when I have enough $$.

In will be put into a tank that will have 2 firefish, a cbs, a cleaner shrimp, 4 chromis 1 sailfin tang and a zebra moray. Tank currently cycling.

I'm wanting a Queen Angel but after searching today have noticed a few others

So heres my list..

Queen Angel
Maculosus Angel
Asfur Angel
Majestic Angel

Anyone have any of these? Pro's Vs Cons.. QuarryShark any info on the maculosus?

Thanks guys

Matt

What happened to the other Angels you used to have???? If you still have them you might have too many.

Found some info for you on the net.

As for the Scribbled Angel, they are about Moderate hard to keep.
Not too bad, I would say about the same as the rest of the angels.

Majestic Angel- This one is harder to keep, and will bully other fish, so it has to be the #1 guy in there.

Asfur Angel- This one will live in an anquarium but it has less of a success rate and is more fragile.

Maculosus Angel- Easy to care for, hardy fish.

Queen Angel- One of the harder to care for angels.

Keep in mind most if not all Angelfish dont like other Angelfish around, so you only can get one :)

I have had my Maculosus for almost 2 years, she is a wonderful fish and quite bulletproof. I would hightly recommend them.
I'm glad to hear not for long term. A 100 gallon is way to small for an adult large angel.
Watch these fish with the sailfin, may have a little conflict there. :wink:

Thats very interesting... Didnt think the sailfin would be a problem.. Will definately monitor that..

Yeah definately not long term, but definately would love one as large angels are easily of the most beautiful and individual fish out there.. To my knowledge a good 5-6 years a 3-4 inch angel would grow to about 11-12 inches.. in which would be too big.. i may be wrong with the growth pattern..? but hopefully in 5-6 years i would have saved enough money to upgrade (again)

My Angel has grown 3.5 " in 18 months, they grow pretty fast.
Not saying your will have problems with the sailfin, just similar in shape and the angel will have to be the "boss" of the tank.
Just thought it was worth mentioning.

I third the Maculosus. That will be my final fish in a few months. I have heard great things about them.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom