Large aquarium lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I have not posted here in a while life has been very busy. I have a 265 gallon saltwater tank setup. It has been set up as a fowlr tank for about 9-10 months with just a few fish. Now I have some time again to expand my tank. I only have two current orbit lights over the tank I think 40 watt each since it was fish only. I would light to add some Zoas and maybe some other corals but don't know if the light I have will support them if I put them up high in the tank or what type of lighting to add too or replace the ones I have. Any suggestions if these will work till I decide on some new lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a reasonable light. Might need to have the corals raised up a bit, but zoas, mushrooms and other moderate light corals should do just fine.

Thanks I had those lights over my old 90 gallon reef and they did work fine. I was thinking of adding them to the lights I have now but I am not sure I also like the cree led kits I have been looking at. Was just wondering if the current light I have could grow any corals so I could start stocking it while I decide on lighting. The tank is 30" deep so I know that will pose a problem but I have the rock stacked almost to the top of the water so I have many levels to use.

Go to the Current Marine site and hit on the specifications sheet for the orbit marine,it will give you some idea of what you can keep.

This is this shows.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

over my 4ft 90g I have 2 lights very similar to these I have no complaints about them and the best part the don't kill the bank ,
55x3w-Dimmable-Spectrum-Aquarium/led+reef+lights

I have that exact light and have no complaints at all. Have had it 14 months and no issues.

you would need at least 3-4 for your tank size.
They also have a wifi remote controlled unit as well for about $50 more.

Back
Top Bottom