Large large tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the Minnesota zoo the other day and was fascinated by a huge tank(mabye 5000+ gallons). It was saltwater and bad schools of huge fish and then sharks and rays and all. I was wondering if it is possible to get a tank(not that big but large) coustom made and stocked with things like that. I realize it would cost a fourtone, but is it possible? Also, would you need to do water changes or would the ecosystem be big enough to maintain its self? How would you feed? Thanks!

But I mean like in a house, not a zoo. Like do u need a permit to own sharks and all?

For a 5000g tank, you would probably be looking at over $75g easily for just the tank and equipment. I saw a 2500 used for $28,000 (just tank and equipment, not water, sand, rock, fish, etc). Anything is possible with enough space, time and money.

The Tracey Morgan shark tank from ATM was in the 3000g ballpark. That took up some serious space.

I was at the Minnesota zoo the other day and was fascinated by a huge tank(mabye 5000+ gallons). It was saltwater and bad schools of huge fish and then sharks and rays and all. I was wondering if it is possible to get a tank(not that big but large) coustom made and stocked with things like that. I realize it would cost a fourtone, but is it possible? Also, would you need to do water changes or would the ecosystem be big enough to maintain its self? How would you feed? Thanks!

Most tiny sharks need 1,000 minimum. And those kind of fish can cost hundreds of bucks.

And have you never been to an aquarium ? That's tiny the Newport Aquarium right across the river from Cincinnati Ohio has a million of gallons:).

I'm applying to work there that way I can tell you all my tank is bigger :)

We also have the most shark rays in captivity than any other aquarium in the world!

Back
Top Bottom