last bit of hardware ordering questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elzool

Aquarium Advice Regular
Morning,

I'm just trying to finalize my order for hardware and am hoping for some more feedback.

FOWLR
I will have a Oceanic 75g rr tank.
I have a 20g tank as a sump.
I'll be using 40lbs base rock and 90-100lbs live rock.
I'll have a 2" bed of sand and live sand.
I was hoping to plumb the tank both ways with flexable hose with ball valves

This is what I think I will be ordering... any suggestions?

Heater: 200W x 2 Titanium
Lighting: Some 4 bulb PC device
Powerheads: Seio M620 x 2
Return Pump: Supreme Mag Drive 9.5 950gph
Skimmer: ASM G2

Am I missing anything? Everything?

This sure takes a long time to figure out.... glad my tank isn't in or I'd have bought what the lfs wanted to sell me initially and then wondered in a few weeks why I didn't take more time to do it differently.

List looks good. The lighting fixture is a bit over-kill for a FOWLR, but will give you the option of adding some corals if you wish down the road. I do not have any experience with the Seio powerheads. I use there Maxi-jet 1200s in my 72gal tank.

I use there Maxi-jet 1200s in my 72gal tank.
How many 1200s do you use?

I'm not certain about corals down the road, but figured this way I'd already have spent that money on lights and not have to spend more at that point.

I'd wondered about upgrading the Seio pumps as well for the same reason. Well, maybe just one. A 15-20 times turnover is 1125-1500 and the 620s would give me 1240 so I'm hoping that would be enough. If not, I could always add an 820 later to up the flow if necessary.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom