Last two additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are my last two fish additions. Al G. Blenny and Roy L. Gramma.

image-3643720917.jpg

image-2347327692.jpg

Acclimating right now. More pics later once they are in the tank.

Bad News

The royal gramma didnt make it. He was acting funny while I was floating him. Then he seemed ok in the tank and ate this morning and this afternoon he is dead. The Algae Blenny that I got with him from the same store is doing great. He comes out of the rockwork and eats from the rocks then goes back and hides. He is a bigger fish and more hardy than the gramma was. Tomorrow am going to another LFS that I like and get a new one. I have the two percula clowns and the algae blenny right now. The gramma will be the last. Hope I can get a healthy one. Levels are 0,0,10 and salinity is 1.025. The corpse looks perfect and doesnt have a mark on it. Just unhealthy I guess.

Got a new royal gramma and a cleaner shrimp from my favorite LFS. So now the stocking is 2 percula clowns, royal gramma, algae blenny and cleaner shrimp. I am getting credit from the store that sold me the original royal gramma. What should I get with the credit? In case you dont know its a 29 gallon.

Keep an eye on that gramma with that cleaner shrimp in there. If he catches it after a molt, he may decide to hit up the buffet.

Krypt said:
Keep an eye on that gramma with that cleaner shrimp in there. If he catches it after a molt, he may decide to hit up the buffet.

Oh grammas eat shrimp?? I didnt know that

That they do. I saw mine carrying around a cleaner like a dog with a treat. it was still alive too, he took it behind the rocks, end of the line for Mr.Clean.

I didn't know that myself. I've had my gramma in with cleaner shrimps for months now & they're all there.

Wow, maybe a gramma is off my list.. Is it rare for them to do that? Do they kill all inverts?

Mine started out the same way, all was fine for about 6 months. Then I guess he decided that he wanted some shrimp and since I hadn't fed mysis for the day, decided to help himself lol.

Krypt said:
Mine started out the same way, all was fine for about 6 months. Then I guess he decided that he wanted some shrimp and since I hadn't fed mysis for the day, decided to help himself lol.

Lol I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.

Took the wife and kids to pick out fish. Wife thinks the cardinals are boring. Daughter picked out a red scooter blenny. I was sceptical, but the LFS owner showed us that it eats brine and mysis. So, it's in the tank. He are a couple pics of our inhabitants.

image-3440056079.jpg

Algae blenny hanging out in the rocks

image-3791177290.jpg

Is it just me or does my replacement gramma look mad?

image-2138134172.jpg

Less angry looking gramma

image-2230556640.jpg

Cleaner shrimp hanging upsIde down in his cave waiting for business.

image-3512663926.jpg

Emerald crab doing his thing

image-2992621183.jpg

New red scooter blenny

image-113299021.jpg

Our percula clowns, Lucy and Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom