latest tank readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motorzrcook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I tested my water tonight and here are the numbers.

Ammonia= 0
Nitrates=0
Nitrites=0
PH.=8.0
Phosphate=0.25
Calcium 540
KH=12 or 214.8 ppm
Water temp= 78.4
salinity level is 1.025

Can someone please tell me if these are good readings or if i need to adjust them. Tank has been up and running for 8 months. I have one juvenile clown fish, one green mandarin. one small group of zoas. one haitian anemone. one emerald crab. 2 cheap red shrimp. one firefish . two chromis. the tank is a 75 gallon with no sump. im in the process of looking on ebay for a sump and overflow box. and a pump for the sump, also a better protein skimmer and a in sump one. could someone please tell me what size sump, pump, overflow i will need. tank is not drilled. Thank you.

looking pretty good.

The only parts that would make it perfect if PH was between 8.2-8.4 although if your tank's PH is consistently on 8.0 or around that then that's fine.

and PO 0.25, it would be better at 0 but if the corals/fish aren't really troubled by this then that's fine too :)

Normally from my experience if you want a return pump you should look for one that pushes 10x the 75 gallons per hour.

wy mess with it? in all honesty if you are doing pwcs on a consistant basis and your trates are holding steady at 0, id be hesitant to touch it. dont fix it unless its broken

Back
Top Bottom